The global defense market is one of the promising markets for additive manufacturing. AM will become a mainstream manufacturing technology over the next decade. With a predicted average growth of more than 20 percent per annum, the defense industry offers great opportunities both for OEM’ers, software- and material providers as well as suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- 27 October 2020, Virtual Session 1: Additive manufacturing: a gamechanger for the defense industry? Chances and opportunities!
- 3 November 2020, Virtual Session 2: Additive Manufacturing for and in the battle field: science fiction or reality? The Applications!
- 11 November 2020, Virtual Session 3: The AM Defense supply chain: who is going out of business and who will not?
Each session covers one topic, takes 2 hours and ends with a discussion panel with the speakers based on questions of the attendees. You can choose which sessions you want to follow via the registration page.
Who should attend?
Any professional who is interested in or involved in applying Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing for Defense purposes from defense professional to civil servant, from supplier to system inegrator, from designer to engineer, from researcher to 3D printer manufacturer, from material manufacturer to software developer and from quality control to production.
- Engineers / Product developers
- Production / Quality assurance
- Purchasing and procurement
- Planning / Work planning
- CIO / CDO
- Material producers
- Enquête over Additive Manufacturing in Vlaanderen en Nederland… (Survey, Dutch spoken)
- SAVE THE DATE | CALL FOR SPEAKERS: Virtual AM for Defense Conference, 13 October 2020 – 3 November 2020
- Production of spare parts using AM is an emerging area, particularly for Defense
- 3D printing at depots and in the field, the U.S. Army approach
- Introduction of 3D polymer printing technologies (VIDEO)