during 3D Printing Event in Eindhoven, Netherlands, on October 25th.
The website will become the first user-powered platform that provides existing and future 3D printing users with all 3D printing resources needed.
All functionalites on 3Dprintplace.com are built on user-to-user collaboration and aim at making 3D printing more accessable to the home user, academic institution, and small business – all functions on 3D Print Place are 100% free.
The platform is built around five major pillars:
- Collaboration – in the Incubation Lab members can work together to create designs & tinker with and improve upon existing CAD files. The Print Exchange connects users who seek a 3D printing service with users who can supply 3D printed parts.
- Creation – Members can easily upload their CAD files to the CAD Library and make their design available for download for free or for an amount of their choosing.
- Competition – User sourced contests in the Coliseum and tournament style rounds in the Design League allow users to match off against each other or find the design they have been looking for.
- Consumption – In the marketplace users can compare printers, scanners, software and filament to find which product from which manufacturer is worth purchasing
- Education – The Academic Corner allows University classes from around the world to collaborate and learn from another in shared interfaces. The integrated course-management system enables professors to easily create, send out and track course assignments.
More information will follow during the press anouncement during 3D Printing Event in Eindhoven, Netherlands, on October 25th.